ORION 1550 nm Laser Source
A compact and turn-key benchtop laser source based on the industry-proven ORION™ laser module
RIO’s ORION™ Laser Source is based on the proven performance of RIO’s ORION™ product series. The ORION laser source is designed with the customer’s need in mind: user-friendly, highly integrated and turn-key operation.
In addition to unrivaled reliability and performance, the ORION laser-based system provides exceptional value and ease-of-use with up to 20mW output power, very low RIN, ultra low phase noise and narrow linewidth, excellent wavelength stability and fast frequency tuning.
This solution is positioned for reducing the development cycle time and allow for simple integration into R&D lab environments and advanced fiber optic sensing systems. External monitoring and control can be achieved via a Graphical User Interface (GUI) and a USB connection.
The ORION laser source is ideally position as the best ease-of-use system for a multiple of lab-orientated applications where absolute accuracy, stability, lifetime reliability and high resolution are vital, such as remote sensing, distributed temperature, strain, or acoustic fiber optic monitoring, LIDAR and other precision metrology applications.
Key Features of the ORION Laser Source
- Single longitudinal mode
- Ultra low phase noise and RIN
- Low sensitivity to vibration and acoustic noise
- Narrow linewidth (< 1 kHz), long coherence length
- 1530nm-1565nm, ITU-T DWDM wavelength or custom
- Guaranteed mode hop free operation over life & temperature
- Wavelength tunability
- Unrivaled wavelength stability over life & temperature
- Excellent SMSR
- SMF or PMF connector options
- CW, modulated and pulsed operations
- 15 – 50°C operating case temperature
- Telcordia GR-468 Qualified
- RoHS Compliant
Phase Noise, 1 m OPD
- Acoustic and seismic sensing
- Defense and security
- Oil & Gas – exploration and production
- LIDAR and remote sensing
- Interferometric fiber optic sensing
- RF and microwave photonics
- Coherent communication